Microsoft is rolling out a new cumulative update as a May patch cycle for all supported Windows versions.
This monthly update provides security enhancements for systems, browsers, core components and other basic functions.
The cumulative update is rolling out to PC with October 2020 Update and May 2020 Update. To download the update, open the settings app and go to the Windows update option.
List of all new updates for the Windows 10:
- Windows 10 version 1507 — KB5003172 (OS Build 10240.18932)
- Windows 10 version 1607 — KB5003197 (OS Build 14393.4402)
- Windows 10 version 1703 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1709 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1803 — KB5003174 (OS Build 17134.2208)
- Windows 10 version 1809 — KB5003171 (OS Build 17763.1935)
- Windows 10 version 1909 — KB5003169 (OS Build 18363.1556)
- Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 — KB5003173 (OS Builds 19041.985 and 19042.985)
The cumulative update for Windows 10, version 2004 and 20H2 provides security improvements to Windows App platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, Windows Media, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
Also, it provides security when windows perform basic operations. There is also an update improvement to Windows OLE (compound documents) security. It brings security for Bluetooth devices as well.
The update comes with News and Interests feed, which will give news stories, sports scores, finance and weather information.
Newsfeed of the Windows 10 is based on the same approached as used by Google for Discover on Android – it displays a stories based on your interests and you can customize the feed via Microsoft Edge.
In addition to news, the “News and Interests” feed include widgets that display weather and financial information.