Step by step process to delete Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam
Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam is technical support scams that run on a deceptive site. It claims that user’s system has been blocked due to questionable activity and they need to contact technical support provider to resolve this problem. The main purpose of this scam is to trick people into contacting the scammers who can cheat money from you and other unsuspecting people.
This specific scam claims to originate from Windows Defender but in reality it is fake and bogus. In most cases, users do not visit or access such pages intentionally they get redirected to them via redirects caused by dubious pages, intrusive advertisements, mistyped URLs or installed potentially unwanted applications. Once accessed, it displays full page warnings to users informing that their system is locked.
To resolve all issues and unlock their devices, this scheme urges users to contact the scammers. Once contacted, cyber criminals behind these scams ask users to pay exorbitant fees for their “services” that include removing legitimate security tools, infecting PCs with malware or insisting users to purchase fake anti-viruses. Also, this page ask visitor to provide their personal and finance-related information.
Remember that actual Windows Defender has nothing to do with any of these technical support or other scams. In simple words, scam behind scam scams try to extract money and used it for illegal purposes. Thus, by trusting on Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam, users might encounter various problems like as system infections, serious privacy issues and even identity theft. Thus, it is highly advice not to trust on this or other similar scams.
How did PUAs install on my PC?
In most cases, it has been noticed that users do not download/install PUAs intentionally as they get tricked into it when such types of apps are included as additional offers in installation setups of various software. This method of distributing potentially unwanted applications is called bundling. Typically, it offers you to download PUAs that are available in settings of Advanced, Custom and so on. Thus, to prevent installation of unwanted apps from being downloaded it is advised to change the settings that are available in downloaders and installers and always be cautious while downloading or installing software especially freeware.
How to avoid installation of unwanted programs?
- Software and files should be downloaded only from official/trustworthy pages and via direct links.
- Unofficial pages, peer to peer sharing networks etc. should not be used as it likely offers rogue programs.
- When downloading/installing, check all available settings in any download or installation setups.
- Ads that appear on dubious pages should not be clicked as they redirect to various questionable sites.
Text presented in the “Pornographics Security Warning” scam:
Pornographics Security warning
Windows was blocked due to questionable activity.
You need to contact us immediately so that our engineers can guide you through the removal process by phone.
PLEASE call us within the next 5 minutes to to avoid a complete malfunction of your computer.
Windows Defender – Pornographics Security warning
Threat detected: Pornographics Spyware
Windows was blocked due to questionable activity.
Contact Technical Support:
Windows Defender – Pornographics Security warning
** Windows was blocked due to questionable activity **
Please call us within the next 5 minutes to avoid this that your computer is turned off. The following data are steal.
> Facebook Login
> Credit card information
> Login to Email account
> Photos saved on this PC
You must contact us immediately so that our engineers can guide you through the removal process by phone. PLEASE call us within the next 5 minutes to to avoid a complete malfunction of your computer.
Contact the Windows hotline to wake up your computer.
If you shut down this page, access to your computer will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network
Call us free of charge at:
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam:
Remove the related items of Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete Pornographics Security Warning POP-UP Scam (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.