SillyRAT: Complete Uninstall Guide
SillyRAT is an extremely hazardous malware infection that has been written in Python programming language and has tons of various nasty features. RAT stands for Remote Access Trojan. So one of the primary dangers of the virus is in its name. The infection can provide remote access to the infected computers for cyber criminals, who can do whatever they please with, from downloading malicious files to spy on victims through the webcam or deleting all files. This kind of malware infections can lead to a number of perilous issues inside the device. You best protection against such parasites is a trustworthy anti-malware tool.
SillyRAT Performs Various Spiteful Deeds:
SillyRAT can be programmed to execute multiple dubious features. Researchers have uncovered that it has numerous extremely treacherous characteristics. After closely examining the virus, researchers found that it’s able to execute a myriad of commands with the most prominent being:
- Recording video and audio through webcams and microphones;
- Taking screenshots;
- Uploading additional malware or any other files into the infected machine;
- Providing unrestricted access and remote control over the compromised devices to the malware operators;
- Downloading any files (e.g., archives, victims pictures, documents, databases, etc.);
- Extracting private details (credit card information, names, addresses, emails, banking details, social media logins, etc.) either directly from the device or browsers;
- Shutting down or rebooting the device and running commands.
The capabilities that SillyRAT exhibits are terrifying enough. It could turn webcams on and off to spy on the owners of the contaminated systems. It can steal passwords of social media, banks, and any other services. All these activities could provide the cyber crooks enough data to steal your identity, grab money from your bank accounts or crypto-wallets, and so forth.
The worst part about SillyRAT is that you might be in the dark about the infection as it runs silently in the background. Your computer might be a part of a big Botnet and be utilized to mine cryptocurrencies, perform DDoS attacks, send out numerous spam emails, and so on. All this could be done when you are not using the system so that you would not guess the happening. Furthermore, this perilous trojan might disable your anti-malware tools and disguise its processes as legitimate Windows tasks. So, you should not waste any time and perform SillyRAT removal from the machine.
Penetration Of SillyRAT:
Files attached to suspicious or irrelevant emails should not be opened. Quite often, these deceptive mails are presented as important letters from legitimate companies in order to trick recipients into downloading and opening the vicious files. So, whenever a mail is delivered into your inbox, first check its legitimacy. Moreover, choose only official and verified sources to download programs and avoid using the unreliable channels. Run a decent anti-malware tool and scan your device for threats on a constant basis. But at the moment, you must remove SillyRAT from the PC as quickly as possible.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove SillyRAT :
Remove the related items of SillyRAT using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing SillyRAT issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (SillyRAT ) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to SillyRAT removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to SillyRAT still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove SillyRAT plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in SillyRAT removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete SillyRAT (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.