Easy Guide To Delete SearchConverterHD from PC
If your System is infected by SearchConverterHD virus and your browser is getting filled with unwanted advertisements then your System is at risk. You need to get rid of this malware soon to avoid any further damage. This guide will help you to remove SearchConverterHD virus completely from PC.
What is SearchConverterHD?
SearchConverterHD is a kind of dubious software that classified as a web browser hijacker. It looks like as a genuine and useful search provider but it is mainly designed to promote search-converterhd.com. It is also considered as a potentially Unwanted program (PUP) by the security expert. It was discovered and distributed by the team of cyber crook with the aim to makes illegal money through scam innocent users. It comes inside into the PC with the bundling methods. It is compatible with all popular and mostly used web browsers like as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge and others. Once installed it instantly takes control over the target web browsers and makes several alternation like as internet setting, browser setting, homepage setting and DNS setting etc. It also replaces the homepage and default search engine with fake search engine. So that while users open new tab or past URL and search any query then it shows unwanted or unrelated search results as well as redirect users to questionable webpage where forces users to install third party rouge Software program.
SearchConverterHD also shows fake security alert message that your System Software like as adobe reader, flash player, PDF creator are out of date thus it is highly advice to update now. But it is only a trick user into download and installs third party rouge Software program. It will start to bombarding lots of annoying and intrusive advertisements like as commercial ads, pop-up ads, coupons, banners, discounts etc on the low quality website with the aim to generate web traffic on sponsored site as well as earn illegal revenue on pay per click. Sometimes, triggered on these adverts might cause the installation of unwanted program which may lead more harmful threats.
More Harmful Properties of SearchConverterHD:
- It can install harmful add-ons, browser extension, plug-in, BHO etc.
- It disables the System security and privacy by inactivate firewall, task ,manager, control panel and real antivirus program.
- It corrupts the System files and Windows registries as well as creates duplicate files.
- It installs other harmful infections like as malware, spyware, adware and other harmful threats.
- It gathers users online browsing habits like as search queries, web histories, cookies and other online details.
- It generates web traffic on the running webpage to downpour surfing seed.
- It gradually decreases overall performance and makes your PC totally useless.
How SearchConverterHD spreads into the System:
SearchConverterHD is mainly spreads into the PC via spam email attachments, installation of freeware, update System Software, and other tricky ways. Cyber offender often sends thousands of spam email which contains various kinds of malicious attachments in the form of word, documents, exe, zip, and archer and so on. Once open such types of files might cause the infiltration of malicious infection. Most of the people download and install freeware program from third party site. They also skip custom or advance options as well as other important setting. Thus this bad behaviour might cause the installation of malicious program which may lead malicious infections. Update System software from third party site like as download.com, download 32.com etc can cause the infiltration of malicious infections.
How To prevent the installation of SearchConverterHD:
It is highly recommended; don’t try to attach mail which received from unknown sender. If you don’t know the sender name and address please verify firstly. If any file seems suspicious please do not open them without scanning. It is important to check grammatical error and spelling mistakes of the content body. Users must update System software from relevant address or direct links.
How To Remove SearchConverterHD:
If your System web browser is already infected by SearchConverterHD virus then you are highly advice to delete this infection as soon as possible. But it is not easy to eliminate by manually. In order to remove SearchConverterHD completely from PC we are highly recommended use automatic removal tool.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove SearchConverterHD:
Remove the related items of SearchConverterHD using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing SearchConverterHD issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (SearchConverterHD) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to SearchConverterHD removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to SearchConverterHD still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove SearchConverterHD plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in SearchConverterHD removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete SearchConverterHD (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.