Simple and easy steps to delete mountainsext.store
mountainsext.store is categorized as browser hijacker program that pretends to be reliable search engine. At the first glance, it even appears as legitimate tool but in reality it is indeed as potentially unwanted application that only delivers customized search results and redirects your browser to third party websites where tons of sponsored stuffs are promoted. Soon after getting inside your system, this nasty PUP makes several modifications in default browser settings without having users consent. Further, it is also known as Mountains browser hijacker.
After that it assigns its own domain as the new homepage, search engine and new tab URL replacing the previous one and take complete control over the entire browser. The main goal of mountainsext.store virus is to help its developers to generate fraudulent advertising revenue. It installs multiple extensions, add-ons, plug-ins etc on your browsers and affects the overall performance of your device drastically. Simply said, it is fake search engine which display results generated by Google. Thus, users are unable to modify aforementioned settings until installed browser hijacker is removed.
Moreover, it constantly monitors your web activities like search queries, most opened links, visited pages etc and gather important information regarding your interest and needs. Later, these details are used by scammers in order to make illegal online profit as much as possible. However, it is necessary here to mention that you might also be redirected to phishing, scamming or even malware-laden sites that are already filled with malicious content and can bring more perilous infections into your PC. And this is why detection and removal of mountainsext.store along with all its impacts is mandatory.
Intrusion tactics of mountainsext.store:
Typically, potentially unwanted programs are distributed through bundling method. It is the term used to describe as an undercover installation of unwanted programs that take place together with regular free software. As a rule, information about such apps is hidden behind custom or advance options as well as other similar settings of download/installation processes by the developers and hope that users will not change them. Thus, while downloading and installing users do not pay enough attention and skip most of the available steps and keep them remain unchanged and therefore cause inadvertent installation of unreliable programs. In some cases, unwanted downloads and installations are caused by clicking on deceptive advertisements that are designed to execute certain scripts in order to click on those ads.
Precautionary measures to avoid PUPs infections:
- If possible, use official websites and direct links for any programs and files download.
- During installation, choose custom or advance options as well as other similar settings of software setups.
- Check pre ticked boxes, deals and offers and opt out all additional attached apps.
- Unreliable tools like third party installer, unofficial pages, free file hosting sites and others should not be used.
- Install some antivirus tool that provides adequate PC protection.
In case, if you have got your browser or system affected by mountainsext.store then you must need to treat this infection sooner. Although, browser hijackers are not considered as hectic infections, still it can risk your personal data as well. Therefore, you should detect and remove mountainsext.store and all its associated files, processes and leftovers completely for which here included methods that will easily provide you some effective aid.
Type: Browser hijacker, Redirect, Search hijacker, unwanted new tab, toolbar
Functionality: This app is advertised as an add-on which customizes the look of homepage and new tab.
Affected browser settings: default search engine, new tab and homepage
Symptoms: modifies internet browser settings without permission and encourage users to visit hijacker’s websites in order to browse the internet by using their search engines.
Distribution methods: software bundling, deceptive pop-up ads, corrupted websites, executable files, harmful links, fake Flash Player Installers and many more.
Damage: display of unwanted and annoying advertisements, internet browsing tracking (possibly privacy issues) and redirects to dubious websites.
Removal: Both manual and automatic removal guide have been prescribed below under this post.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove mountainsext.store:
Remove the related items of mountainsext.store using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing mountainsext.store issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (mountainsext.store) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to mountainsext.store removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to mountainsext.store still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove mountainsext.store plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in mountainsext.store removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete mountainsext.store (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.