Proper guide to delete Onesafe Pc Cleaner
Onesafe Pc Cleaner is fake PC optimization tool that claims to protect your system against malicious harmful malware or junk files. This software is classified as potentially unwanted application because it is distributed through deceptive websites. It targets your Windows PC and does malicious unwanted changes inside it without having your permission. It modifies your system registry setting that causes restart your system in regular intervals of time automatically.
While scanning your computer, Onesafe Pc Cleaner will search for invalid system entries, invalid DLLs or broken links, invalid startup entries etc. However, if you try to fix all such issues it will states that you need to purchase full version. Even after activation, they tend to remain nonoperational. Moreover, this app is also used to proliferate more than one PUA such as adware or browser hijackers. The sole motive of unwanted applications is to generate revenue as much as possible for their developers.
Despite this, it affects online experience by showing huge amounts of ads and popup on your browser that can degrade the overall performance of your internet browsing activity. Its main aim is to collect information and shared it with third parties who might be cyber criminals who misuse those data in order to earn profit. However, it can connect your system with remote server and allow the hackers to access your PC in its own ways that can be very dangerous for you. So, removal of all suspicious applications is mandatory.
How did PUAs install on my computer?
Usually potentially unwanted programs gets enter into your system by using bundling method. It is described as false marketing method that is only used to trick user into downloading and installing third party rogue software. They also hide custom or advance options as well as other similar settings. Without checking and changing important setting including custom or advance option might cause the installation of PUA. Apart from this, it might also get inside through spam email attachments, pornographic websites, pirated or cracked software, malicious links and other annoying activities. So, always pay close attention while updating or installing any software.
Tips to avoid installation of potentially unwanted program:
- Always use official site and trustworthy webpage to install any program.
- Avoid using untrustworthy software downloading sources as it likely offers rogue apps.
- Read the installation guide carefully till the end.
- Select custom or advance option as well as other similar setting of installation setups.
- Don’t click on ads that are displayed on dubious pages relating to pornography, adult-dating and so on.
Remove Onesafe Pc Cleaner
Using manual malware removal guides require previous knowledge and skills as any mistake can cause more issues with PC and the installed software. This is why the researchers recommend users to go through automatic malware removal instructions. Install some reputable antivirus tool that scans your device for viruses and delete all detected threats.
Name: Onesafe Pc Cleaner
Type: PUA, PUP
Supposed Functionality: This application is allegedly capable of scanning and cleaning the operating system.
Symptoms: A program that you do not recall installing suddenly appeared on your computer. A new application is performing computer scans and displays warning messages about ‘found issues’. Asks for payment to eliminate the supposedly found errors.
Distribution Methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers, malicious ads, torrent file downloads.
Damage: Monetary loss (unnecessary purchase of fake software), unwanted warning pop-ups, slow computer performance as well as internet speed.
Removal: Manual as well as automatic removal guidelines have been described below under this article.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove Onesafe Pc Cleaner:
Remove the related items of Onesafe Pc Cleaner using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing Onesafe Pc Cleaner issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (Onesafe Pc Cleaner) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to Onesafe Pc Cleaner removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to Onesafe Pc Cleaner still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove Onesafe Pc Cleaner plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in Onesafe Pc Cleaner removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete Onesafe Pc Cleaner (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.