Depth Analysis on 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam
2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam is executed by professional cyber-criminals who use this type of scam to gain access to the highly sensitive data of the victim. This email claim that you have been selected to get prize money of $500,000 and you are asked to claim for the prize by contacting through the provided email ID. This is a type of planned Online scam which is executed through email platform.
On appearance, the email appears as if it has been sent from “lottery board members”. It takes name of some reputed organizers, corporates, companies etc. for manipulation and disguise. However, none of them have any connection with this online scam. The scammers behind this kind of online fraud have only aim that is to cheat the innocent victims. It makes you think that you have won some prizes and they convince you to reveal your personal and sensitive information. They ask you to provide your name, address, phone number, credit or debit card information and so on. The data that you provide is misused for malicious activities. In most case, they sell the cheat sensitive data to third-parties. Hence it is very important that ignore this kind of emails to avoid all these negative outcomes.
A Quick Glance on 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam
Threat Type: Phishing, scam, fraud, social engineering
Bogus Claims: You are misguided through spam claims that you are lucky winner to get the prize of $500,000
Disguise Trick: It is presented as if the letter is sent by EU LOTTO board member
Symptoms: change in password of social media and Online accounts, illegal access to PC, identity theft etc.
Damage: Monetary losses, cheating of personal sensitive data
Distribution: Deceiving email, webpage redirections, aggressive Online pop-ups, misspelled domains etc.
Removal: It is advised to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics
There are so many similar scams circulating over internet and all these tries to trick the receipt to provide their sensitive data. In many cases, these kinds of spam emails are also used to circulate other highly dangerous malware including ransomwrae. Hence you should be very careful regarding these malspam campaigns.
How 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam Does Attacks the PC?
In most cases, the victim receives a spam email that usually contains malicious attachment with it or contains a webpage link that downloads malicious files in the backdoor. Either way, the victim is convinced to download a malicious file that ultimately download harmful program. The attached files are usually in the form of MS Office docs, PDF, executable files and so on.
Some Precautionary Measures to Avoid Malware Attack:
- Be careful from spam emails that are disguised as legitimate and official but rather they have malicious links or attachments with them
- Download any kind of program or files from a trusted source only. Avoid using third-party downloader or installer. Choose advance or custom installation method to avoid any secret file download accidentally
- Don’t use any cracking tools to unlock the paid application for free
- Upgrade the PC security settings and use a powerful anti-malware tool with strong scanning algorithm and programming logics
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam:
Remove the related items of 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete 2020 EU/COMMONWEALTH LOTTO Email Scam (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.