Easy methods to delete System Care Pro adware from PCs (Remove potentially unwanted applications)
System Care Pro is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to adware family. This nasty malware get enters into your System accidently from various methods of bundling & social engineering that causes serious troubles. Once it installed, it spreads self-made malware or viruses in your computer and allows the cybercriminals to collect your sensitive information. For more details, you can read this article carefully. Let’s starts the discussion.
What is System Care Pro?
System Care Pro is bogus PC Repair Software or System optimizer that is categorized as potentially unwanted application (PUA). It claims to help you to fix several System bugs or issues and boost up your overall PC performance as well. This security tool scans your computer and detects lots of junk files or bugs. In order to delete detected junk files or viruses by this application, it asks you to purchase the license or updated version of it from its official sources. However, it provides telephone number “1-855-955-5550” on homepage of System Care Pro application and asks you to contact their technical experts directly via this telephone number. This unwanted application claims that it provides 24 *7 customer support service. You should never trust on them at any cases and avoid installing this type of malicious application in your computer.
System Care Pro PUA does not clean any detected junk files or viruses and/or fix issues unless it is purchased. According to security researchers, this application shows self-created malware on the threats result after the scan. However, it spreads series of adware in your computer without any notice and corrupts major genuine functions or applications of your computer immediately. It modifies your System registry settings that causes restart your computer in certain interval of times automatically. In simple word, we can say that you can’t work on your System comfortably as usual like before due to its dubious behaviors. If your System has detected this infection, then you should try to remove System Care Pro adware from machine immediately.
Threat Name: System Care Pro
Threat Type: Adware, PUP, PUA
Browser infected: Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, etc
System infected: Windows OS based machine
Description: This dubious malware injects harmful codes in your main browser as well as in your System’s settings that causes serious troubles. It adds malicious extensions or add-ons to your browser that allows the hackers to traces your online activities and steals your sensitive information as well.
Distribution methods: Free software packages (method of bundling), fake Flash Player installers or other fake software updates, malicious ads or popup messages, suspicious hyperlinks and many other tricks.
Motives of crooks: The main purpose of cybercriminals malware attack is to steal your crucial & confidential information and shares it to other hackers or third parties to generate some income. They also want to steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet.
Removal Solution: In case if your System has infected from System Care Pro related malware, then you can scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
What System Care Pro PUA does?
Once System Care Pro installed, you will notice malicious unwanted changes in your System’s settings. It will use your System resources illegally and drains the power of CPU & GPU of your computer immediately. Cybercriminals are behind this attack who wants to earn some illegal online profit and cheat with innocent users. They never do any mercy with you. Its main motive is to collect your some information such as IP address, URLs search, user name & password of various accounts, banking information and more details as well. However, they can share these collected details to other hackers or third parties to generate some income from them.
How your System gets infected from System Care Pro unwanted application?
The potentially unwanted application or adware is generally get enters into your machine accidently from bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet. Malware programmers or hackers use “Software Bundling” methods to install some additional programs in your computer including adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worm, ransomware or other malicious programs with free software packages. But it is possible to avoid the installation of these additional programs.
Software developer recommended you to choose custom/advance setting for the installation of free software packages in your machine. In case if these settings are not given, then you can cancel the process of installation. So, you should be alert while surfing online and avoid installing freeware or shareware from unknown sources.
- You should keep up-to-date your operating System like Windows, Mac, Linux and others
- Scan the PCs with powerful antivirus software in regular interval of times
- Remove faculty software and update rest of the software running in your devices.
- You should be careful while surfing online and avoid opening attachments coming from unknown emails, avoid installing free software packages from unknown sources.
- Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and check if the hyperlink is belongs to some trustworthy domain.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove System Care Pro:
Remove the related items of System Care Pro using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing System Care Pro issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (System Care Pro) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to System Care Pro removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to System Care Pro still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove System Care Pro plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in System Care Pro removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete System Care Pro (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.