Securesurf.biz: Complete Uninstall Steps
Securesurf.biz is presented as a legitimate search engine that offers enhanced search results and provides quick access to some popular and commonly visited sites for example, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, eBay, etc. However, this is just a false claim made by this application to deceive users into believing that it’s a genuine and legitimate tool. It is just a notorious computer infection categorized as a browser hijacker due to it making changes to different browser settings, such as the new tab, homepage preferences, and the default search engine preferences. In addition to that, it displays various advertisements camouflaged as search recommendations.
Securesurf.biz Provides Fake Search Results:
If you have Securesurf.biz installed on your computer, it doesn’t matter if Yahoo, Google, or Bing, was your default search engine. All search inquires go through a deceptive search engine. It redirects people to legitimate engines, depending on their geolocation. Users whose homepage and other settings are still redirecting them to altered search tool, and keep seeing ads on their search results, shouldn’t panic. This hijacker is quite easily removable, but they shouldn’t wait long to do it.
Usually, Securesurf.biz, StreamSearchWeb and browser hijackers are promoted as tools that will increase your online security, privacy, and so on. But in reality, when malware alters all aforementioned settings, it is able to perform these actions:
- Collect browsing-related information, including geolocations, search inquiries, IP addresses, visited pages, links clicked and system info. This data can be shared with or sold to advertisers and other interested parties
- Displays ads as promotions of various commercial websites that may trigger redirects to affiliated portals, some of which might be malicious.
Securesurf.biz ads may redirect users to deceptive websites, where additional PUP might get installed. So if you’re constantly getting redirected to dubious pages and want to see normal search results without any ads, it’s important to get rid of this parasite. This nasty hijacker may gather personal information like credit card and banking details which can be utilized by scammers for deceptive transactions or purchases. And hence, presence of this nasty PUP in your work-station may cause you to suffer huge financial loss, and you might be a victim of identity theft. And so, an instant Securesurf.biz removal is strongly recommended.
Careless Freeware Installations Lead To PUP Intrusions:
Research shows that the most popular and common PUP distribution technique is software bundling. Some software are offered to be downloaded in a pack by many online vendors. If a user is not careful enough and chooses Quick, Express, or Recommended installation, all the components within the pack will be installed. This occurs because boxes agreeing to install all software within the bundle are preselected.
If you want to avoid potentially unwanted programs, first of all, you should stop trusting pop-up ads that tell that some issues have been detected within your device or its software. And when installing software from bundles, don’t forget to always the Advanced or Custom installation mode. This way, you’ll be able to de-select the pre-ticked boxes from apps you didn’t intend to install. In case your device is already infected with this hijacker, you must remove Securesurf.biz from the computer as early as possible.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove Securesurf.biz:
Remove the related items of Securesurf.biz using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing Securesurf.biz issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (Securesurf.biz) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to Securesurf.biz removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to Securesurf.biz still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove Securesurf.biz plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in Securesurf.biz removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete Securesurf.biz (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.