Easy tips for private-message.live removal
private-message.live is a push notification website that users encounter during web session on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. There are various reasons why such a site appears during web session, the primary one being the adware infection. In other cases, the users might simply stumble upon the site accidentally after clicking somewhere lease on the internet such as from shady places like torrent or porn sites.
Either the case, when the users end up to private-message.live page, they see a pop-up box with a text stating that the site wants to show notifications, click Allow to continue. The people may be tricked into doing with some promised underlying content such as video. Once they agree to the notifications, however, they get scammed with private-message.live ads directly to the screen no matter the installed web browsers are non-operational.
While adware are not considered as malicious as it does not conduct any changes in the system operation, it can expose to a variety of risks, especially when the user are unaware of what they are dealing with. As for example, the redirection form private-message.live by adware and the ads in the form of notifications may expose the users to unsafe content. The adware infection brings the following changes to the browser and the system behavior:
- Ads on each of the site you visit,
- Occasional or frequent redirect to phishing, scam, fake update or similar pages,
- Additional apps or extensions installed without permission,
- Web browsing performance gets diminished,
- The browsers’ homepage and new tab page sections get altered,
- Search results are filled with various sponsored links
Thus, you should never click on private-message.live links shown regularly and immediately think of adware or other potentially unwanted application hidden inside. This can be done using some professional antivirus tool by using our manual instruction provided below. If there is no PUA present on the system, just remove the private-message.live notifications through the web browser settings.
Nowadays, there are millions of apps and browser extensions enjoyed by the users. They find them on official stores such as Microsoft, Google App store and etc. So, there is no meaning of them visiting any third party sites. However, according to a recent report, many a third party acquires thousands of visitors on daily visiting. It might be astonishing for you, however this is true.
The possible reason is that there are thousands of apps that do not get approval from official stores due to multiple reasons, once of being the security and privacy. It is popular that third party sites allow both parties to monetize and also to provide a freeware scheme. While freeware do not lock your files or steal your credit card info, they might bring you to the places where you could get cyber-infection. So, if you choose any third party sites for any software download, better if you pay caution:
- Before installing anything, check out users’ review and blog posts online,
- If prompted, use Custom/Advanced option instead of Recommended/ Quick ones,
- Remove all ticks from the pre-ticked boxes and watch out for the misleading deals, misplaced buttons, fine print ticks and other similar tricks that freeware installers use.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove private-message.live:
Remove the related items of private-message.live using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing private-message.live issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (private-message.live) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to private-message.live removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to private-message.live still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove private-message.live plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in private-message.live removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete private-message.live (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.