Browser hijacked by Gf1.club Virus: Is there any solution?
Are you looking for the solution to remove Gf1.club redirect virus from machine? Have you ever noticed this dubious domain on the query box of your browser? If yes, then you are in right place. This article will give you complete information about Gf1.club as well as you will get some recommended tips to delete it from machine. Let’s starts the discussion.
What is Gf1.club browser hijacker?
Gf1.club is rough website that is categorised as browser hijacker virus. Like other browser hijacker virus, this nasty malware not only affect your online experience, but also infect your System deeply. It injects malicious codes in your browser’s settings as well as in your System’s settings that causes serious problems. This dubious website runs malicious advertisements on your browser that means it deliver huge amount of ads or popup on your browser that can redirect your browser’s search on hacked or third parties’ websites constantly in order to click on such ads. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to remove Gf1.club from machine immediately.
Gf1.club browser hijacker is capable to hijacking your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers. It modifies the default setting of new tab URLs, search engine and homepage of your browser with suspicious domain or third parties’ domain. It claims that it is safe & fast search engine as compare to Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. Once it installed, you will notice unwanted ads or popup on your browser as well as on your desktop’s screen constantly.
Type: Adware, PUP, PUA, browser hijacker, redirect virus
Browser infected: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge, etc
System infected: Windows OS based machine
Description: This cunning malware is capable of hijacking your main browser by adding malicious extensions or add-ons to your browser. Attackers behind this development attempt to engage you on scam/porn/shady/third parties’ websites and trick you into downloading/installing potentially unwanted applications in your machine.
Distribution methods: Fake Flash Player installers or other fake software updates, malicious ads or popup messages, free software packages (method of bundling), suspicious hyperlinks and many other tricks.
Motives of crooks: The main purpose of cybercriminals malware attack is to steal your crucial & confidential information and shares it to other hackers or third parties to generate some income. They also want to steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet.
Removal Solution: To remove Gf1.club or similar infection, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software.
What Gf1.club does?
In simple word, we can say that you can’t visit the website that you want due to its browser redirect behaviours. Gf1.club shows always misleading contents and lots of unwanted advertisements on its platform and attempts to tricks you into downloading/installing potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) in your computer. It shows bogus offer ads on your browser and tricks you into providing your sensitive information. Its main aim is to collect your some information such as IP address, URLs search, login ID & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details as well. So, it is important to delete Gf1.club redirect virus from machine as soon as possible.
How your System gets infected from Gf1.club malware?
The adware or potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) is generally get enters into your machine from malicious ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites. Scammers or attackers use the name & LOGO of some trustworthy companies like Walmart, Microsoft, Amazon and other popular companies in its malicious advertisements campaigns for making believe in your mind that adds are belongs to genuine companies. In order to click on such ads or visit infected sites, it installs malicious programs in your computer and starts corrupting major genuine functions of your computer. So, you should be careful while surfing online and click on ads or popup after double reading.
- OS update: You should keep up-to-date your operating System
- Other software update: Remove all the faculty software and update rest of the genuine software running in your machine
- Scan PC for malware: You should scan your System with powerful antivirus software in regular time intervals
- Be alert while browsing internet: You should be alert while surfing online and avoid installing freeware in your computer from unknown sources and avoid opening attachments coming from unknown emails.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove Gf1.club:
Remove the related items of Gf1.club using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing Gf1.club issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (Gf1.club) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to Gf1.club removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to Gf1.club still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove Gf1.club plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in Gf1.club removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete Gf1.club (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.