Easy methods to DriverXYZ adware from PCs (Remove potentially unwanted applications)
DriverXYZ is categorised as potentially unwanted application (PUA) that get enters into your machine accidently from methods of software bundling, fake updates or malicious advertisements. Once it installed, you will notice malicious unwanted changes in your browser’s settings as well as in your System’s settings. For more details, you can read this article carefully. Let’s starts the discussion.
What is DriverXYZ?
DriverXYZ is another adware application that perform immediate scan and claims that some drivers are updated. Developers of this application claim that it is designed to help you update your System’s drivers regularly automatically. When we talk about its features, it proceed on claiming that the found problems need to fix immediately. Otherwise, you can face several problems related System performance. However, this bogus software is not a trustworthy application and it is not safe for your online privacy & System security.
DriverXYZ executes malicious programs in your computer without any notice that uses more power of CPU & GPU and slowdown the overall performance of your computer immediately. It is hard to detect/delete this dubious application by most of the antivirus software because it blocks all the security software running in your machine including antivirus software. In simple word, we can say that you can’t work on your System comfortably as usual like before due to its dubious behaviours. However, it can connect your System remote server and allows the attackers to access or control your computer in its own ways that causes serious problems.
Threat Name: DriverXYZ
Threat Type: Adware, PUP, PUA
Browser infected: Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, etc
System infected: Windows OS based machine
Description: This dubious malware injects harmful codes in your main browser as well as in your System’s settings that causes serious troubles. It adds malicious extensions or add-ons to your browser that allows the hackers to traces your online activities and steals your sensitive information as well.
Distribution methods: Free software packages (method of bundling), fake Flash Player installers or other fake software updates, malicious ads or popup messages, suspicious hyperlinks and many other tricks.
Motives of crooks: The main purpose of cybercriminals malware attack is to steal your crucial & confidential information and shares it to other hackers or third parties to generate some income. They also want to steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet.
Removal Solution: In case if your System has infected from DriverXYZ related malware, then you can scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
What DriverXYZ does?
In order to fix the detect problems by DriverXYZ application, it asks you to purchase its full version or license version to fix any problems related to System’s drivers occurs on machine. As we know that, drivers are integral components of any Windows OS based device that allows all the hardware components to work well with the software. When we talk about DriverXYZ application, it spreads self-made malware in each location of your computer and leads major damages in your computer. In other word, we can say that if you are facing driver missing, drivers not working properly and related problems, then this dubious malware can be responsible for that. So, it is important to delete DriverXYZ from System as soon as possible.
How your System gets infected from DriverXYZ potentially unwanted application?
The potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) or adware is mostly get install in your System through bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet. Malware programmers use “Method of Software bundling” to install some additional programs in your computer. These additional programs can be adware, Trojan, worm, ransomware and other malware that can make your System useless.
So, we recommended you to choose custom/advance settings for the installation of freeware in your machine. If these settings are not given, then you can cancel the process of installation. So, you should be alert while surfing online and avoid installing freeware or shareware from unknown sources.
- OS Update: You should keep up-to-date your Operating System like Windows, Mac, Linux and other OS
- Other Software update: Remove all the faculty software running in your machine and update rest of genuine software including antivirus software
- Scan PC for Malware: You should scan your computer with powerful antivirus software in regular time interval
- Be alert while surfing online: You should be careful while surfing online and avoid installing freeware software packages from unknown sources
- Double-check the hyperlinks before click: Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and please check if the hyperlinks are belongs to some trustworthy domains or sources.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove DriverXYZ:
Remove the related items of DriverXYZ using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing DriverXYZ issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (DriverXYZ) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to DriverXYZ removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to DriverXYZ still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove DriverXYZ plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in DriverXYZ removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete DriverXYZ (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.