Easy tips to delete Click-to-check.live
Click-to-check.live is a rogue domain whose appearance on PC persistently is caused by adware running on the system background. After the successful installation, the adware modifies permissions on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other web browsers.
Usually, the PUA injects related URLs to the list of the allowed notifications. By doing so, it ensues displaying countless notifications, banners, hyperlinks and other intrusive ads. Typically, people are tricked into clicking on Allow button to enable notifications by misleading prompts like:
- Press Allow to verify that you are not robot, or
- Please tab the Allow button to continue.
Unfortunately, when users click on Allow button, they enable third party notifications that display fake security update prompts, misleading offers and cause redirects to suspicious news portals.
As a rule, adware-type apps are not malicious as they do not cause direct system damages. However, it is important to know that the adware can cause Click-to-check.live redirects that pose users to online dangers. This particular website is misleading as it tries to trick people into subscribing to the free notification service.
The Click-to-check.live ads usually contain fake claims. They trick people into clicking on Allow button that subsequently grants the permission to display push notifications. These ads might contain the following clams:
Click Allow to watch the video
Press “Allow” to verify, that you are not a robot
To access the website content, click Allow
Do not believe on such contents, as they are false. Although, clicking to the Allow button may enable some type of video or launch content of the site, in reality, this action is set off as agreement to subscribe notifications.
As a result of this, users start receiving intrusive pop-ups ads directly to the desktop even when the browsers are closed. The content of these ads could vary- however, they are likely the following:
- Some ads could contain slogans related to current world events, but once clicked redirect to unrelated pages,
- Pop-ups may contain rogue claims that some software is outdated or the system is infected. Upon clicking, users expose to some malware download pages,
- Some of the ads could directly redirect to various scam pages.
Thus, when you receive this domain during web session, you should immediately initiate Click-to-check.live removal. You can easily subscribe to the notification to the rogue website, though it is not enough. It is important you delete the adware from the system.
Saving a single minute during freeware install could cause troubles for hours
Unwanted apps like adware and browser hijackers are usually spread bundled with freeware. This is why we are saying you that saving single minutes could be a trouble for an hour in removing the intrusive browser-based app from the system.
PUAs spread via freeware or usually represented as additional functionality or extension that improve the browsing experience. Unfortunately, such additional offers cannot be seen directly as they are disguised under Quick/ Basic installation technique as those are pre-selected in them.
To prevent the stealthy installation of the PUAs, make sure you install freeware attentively and take every possible precautionary measure to protect the system:
- Employ a reputable antivirus tool for real-time protection,
- Download software from official websites,
- Do not click on any misleading ads, pop-ups, hyperlinks on rogue sites,
- Install any software carefully – check all grayed-out buttons, pre-selected boxes and similar,
- Use a reputable ad-blocking tool or VPN.
Antimalware Details And User Guide
Important Note: This malware asks you to enable the web browser notifications. So, before you go the manual removal process, execute these steps.
Google Chrome (PC)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the Menu button
- Select “Settings”. Scroll the mouse downward to choose “Advanced” option
- Go to “Privacy and Security” section by scrolling downward and then select “Content settings” and then “Notification” option
- Find each suspicious URLs and click on three dots on the right side and choose “Block” or “Remove” option
Google Chrome (Android)
- Go to right upper corner of the screen and click on three dots to open the menu button and then click on “Settings”
- Scroll down further to click on “site settings” and then press on “notifications” option
- In the newly opened window, choose each suspicious URLs one by one
- In the permission section, select “notification” and “Off” the toggle button
- On the right corner of the screen, you will notice three dots which is the “Menu” button
- Select “Options” and choose “Privacy and Security” in the toolbar present in the left side of the screen
- Slowly scroll down and go to “Permission” section then choose “Settings” option next to “Notifications”
- In the newly opened window, select all the suspicious URLs. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Block”
- In the Internet Explorer window, select the Gear button present on the right corner
- Choose “Internet Options”
- Select “Privacy” tab and then “Settings” under the “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select all the suspicious URLs one by one and click on the “Remove” option
- Open the Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen to open the menu
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down further to choose “view advanced settings”
- In the “Website Permission” option, click on “Manage” option
- Click on switch under every suspicious URL
- On the upper right side corner, click on “Safari” and then select “Preferences”
- Go to “website” tab and then choose “Notification” section on the left pane
- Search for the suspicious URLs and choose “Deny” option for each one of them
Manual Steps to Remove Click-to-check.live:
Remove the related items of Click-to-check.live using Control-Panel
Windows 7 Users
Click “Start” (the windows logo at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen), select “Control Panel”. Locate the “Programs” and then followed by clicking on “Uninstall Program”
Windows XP Users
Click “Start” and then choose “Settings” and then click “Control Panel”. Search and click on “Add or Remove Program’ option
Windows 10 and 8 Users:
Go to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click. In the “Quick Access” menu, choose “Control Panel”. In the newly opened window, choose “Program and Features”
Mac OSX Users
Click on “Finder” option. Choose “Application” in the newly opened screen. In the “Application” folder, drag the app to “Trash”. Right click on the Trash icon and then click on “Empty Trash”.
In the uninstall programs window, search for the PUAs. Choose all the unwanted and suspicious entries and click on “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
After you uninstall all the potentially unwanted program causing Click-to-check.live issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware tool for any remaining PUPs and PUAs or possible malware infection. To scan the PC, use the recommended the anti-malware tool.
How to Remove Adware (Click-to-check.live) from Internet Browsers
Delete malicious add-ons and extensions from IE
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer. Select “Manage Add-ons”. Search for any recently installed plug-ins or add-ons and click on “Remove”.
If you still face issues related to Click-to-check.live removal, you can reset the Internet Explorer to its default setting.
Windows XP users: Press on “Start” and click “Run”. In the newly opened window, type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on the “Advanced” tab and then press on “Reset”.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users: Press the Windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the start search box and press enter. In the newly opened window, click on the “Advanced Tab” followed by “Reset” button.
For Windows 8 Users: Open IE and click on the “gear” icon. Choose “Internet Options”
Select the “Advanced” tab in the newly opened window
Press on “Reset” option
You have to press on the “Reset” button again to confirm that you really want to reset the IE
Remove Doubtful and Harmful Extension from Google Chrome
Go to menu of Google Chrome by pressing on three vertical dots and select on “More tools” and then “Extensions”. You can search for all the recently installed add-ons and remove all of them.
If the problems related to Click-to-check.live still persists or you face any issue in removing, then it is advised that your reset the Google Chrome browse settings. Go to three dotted points at the top right corner and choose “Settings”. Scroll down bottom and click on “Advanced”.
At the bottom, notice the “Reset” option and click on it.
In the next opened window, confirm that you want to reset the Google Chrome settings by click on the “Reset” button.
Remove Click-to-check.live plugins (including all other doubtful plug-ins) from Firefox Mozilla
Open the Firefox menu and select “Add-ons”. Click “Extensions”. Select all the recently installed browser plug-ins.
If you face problems in Click-to-check.live removal then you have the option to rese the settings of Mozilla Firefox.
Open the browser (Mozilla Firefox) and click on the “menu” and then click on “Help”.
Choose “Troubleshooting Information”
In the newly opened pop-up window, click “Refresh Firefox” button
The next step is to confirm that really want to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings to its default by clicking on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Remove Malicious Extension from Safari
Open the Safari and go to its “Menu” and select “Preferences”.
Click on the “Extension” and select all the recently installed “Extensions” and then click on “Uninstall”.
Open the “Safari” and go menu. In the drop-down menu, choose “Clear History and Website Data”.
In the newly opened window, select “All History” and then press on “Clear History” option.
Delete Click-to-check.live (malicious add-ons) from Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and go to three horizontal dot icons at the top right corner of the browser. Select all the recently installed extensions and right click on the mouse to “uninstall”
Open the browser (Microsoft Edge) and select “Settings”
Next steps is to click on “Choose what to clear” button
Click on “show more” and then select everything and then press on “Clear” button.
In most cases, the PUPs and adware gets inside the marked PC through unsafe freeware downloads. It is advised that you should only choose developers website only while downloading any kind of free applications. Choose custom or advanced installation process so that you can trace the additional PUPs listed for installation along with the main program.